WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is for all Laboratory Scientists, Technologists, Research Officers, Scientific Officers, Project Managers, Students in Tertiary Institutions, Research Institutes, Government Agencies, Industries, NGOs and General Public etc.
The objectives of this workshop are to expose the participants to glassblowing techniques, procedure to setup a glassblowing laboratory, Maintenance of glassware, Hazards and Safety procedures involved in the glassblowing laboratory. Furthermore, participants will gain an understanding of the implementation of the Laboratory management system.
- The role of NISLT in Laboratory Management and Administration in Nigeria.
- Glassblowing associated hazards and possible precautions/safety e.g. use of didymium goggles and handling gloves etc.
- Equipment and Materials needed to set up a glass blowing Laboratory
- Glass blowing equipment such as Bench mounted torch file or glass knife graphite rod blow
- Tools and equipment used in glass blowing workshops.
- Types of glasses suitable for laboratory glass wares e.g. borosilicate, soda lime (soda glass), silica glass
- Properties of glasses e.g. resistance to thermal shock, resistance to chemical attack etc.
- Types of glasses used as laboratory wares
- Glass cutting techniques.
- Construction of simple glass wares
- Construct T.Y joints
- Construct U bends
- Construct simple glass wares e.g. pipettes, burettes, and test tube.
- Methods of glass manipulation e.g. simple point pulling, test tube ends, tube bending, rod re-enforcing, baubles
- Joining two glass tubes.
- Blow bulbs at the end and in the middle of tubes.
- Calibrate the glass ware.
Kindly click here to fill the expression of interest form for the specialized training workshop.
Click here to download the training workshop flyer
See Other News & Events »