(1) Hours of Opening
Monday to Friday-------------- — 8.00a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Membership of the library is open to all members and staff of the Institute. A registration form must be completed by each reader, who is then issued with the appropriate number of Reader's cards for borrowing. Registered readers should take note of the following:
- Readers should always bring their cards to the library.
- The loss of readers’ card should be reported immediately. (Lost cards will be replaced after appropriate payment has been made).
- The use of the library may in special cases be extended to other persons upon application in writing to the Management.
(3) Borrowing of Books
- Members and staff may borrow any book which is not otherwise restricted to use in the Library e.g.- Reference Reserved books or periodicals.
- Members of Staff may borrow up to two books at a time. The period of loan is 14 days.
- Loans may be renewed if the books are not required by other Readers.
- All borrowings must be completed 20 minutes before closing time each day.
- Over-due notices are normally sent out, but each reader is responsible for the return of the books on his cards whether or not be received notice(s).
- Holders of overdue book will be fined N50.00 per day, after 15days in addition to the normal daily fine; disciplinary action will also be taken against any defaulter.
- Further loan privileges will be withdrawn from any one who keeps books longer than 15 days after they are due for return or renewal.
(4) Lost Books
Readers are responsible for the safe-keeping of all books issued to them, and are required to pay for replacement in the event of loss or damage. If a reader loses a book, it should be reported to the Librarian. A period of time will be allowed for the reader to find it. Refusal to pay for such loss will be referred to the Management.
(5) Mutilation and Theft
It needs little imagination to realize that mutilation is a serious antisocial activity which impairs the usefulness of these publications not only for present readers but for future generation of users, and since such publications may be unobtainable again at any cost. Therefore any person who mutilates or steals the Library books will face the severity of NISLT discipline.
(6) General Library Regulations
- Briefcases, bags, nylons, foods drinks, etc must not be taken into the library.
- Books and journals consulted in the library should be left on the table and not returned to the shelves. This is to make sure that they are put back in their correct places by trained library staff.
- Readers must submit all books, files and papers for scrutiny when they are leaving the library.
- Absolute silence should be maintained at all times in the library.
- Eating, smoking and drinking are not permitted in the library.
These Regulations are subject to amendments at the discretions of the Management.