As a statutory professional body, there are two categories of membership in the Institute, namely, corporate and non-corporate membership.
Corporate Membership refers to members licensed to practice as professionals. Only two grades of corporate membership now exist according to the NISLT Act 2003, namely Associate and Fellow.
A person shall be registered as
Applicants for Associate Membership Must
- have completed a course of study in Science Laboratory Technology and holds either B.Sc./B.Tech or HND in Science Laboratory Technology awarded by an accredited Institutions of higher learning.
- Register and Passed the Mandatory Professional Exam (MPE) of the Insitute. Click here to Register
- Click here to see the details of membership eligibility
Existing Members of the Institutecurrently on Associate cadre can upgrade to fellow as follows
- Applicants Must have been registered as Associate Member of the Institute for atleast 10 years
- Must be financially up to date
- Must partake in the NISLT Fellowship programme/Examination and Passed all the papers. (Announcements will be made when available)
All information about application and registration for the fellowship programme will be made available
- A person having ND or OND or any other qualification adjudged by Council to be the equivalent of these are registered as ordinary members, while individual who are found qualified by their deeds and support to the Institute are confirmed with Honorary Fellow of the Institute.
Subject to the provisions of the Institute's Act, a person admitted into the membership shall be registered and be entitled to use the appropriate title after names; however, only the corporate members (i.e. the first two categories) are fully licensed as science laboratory practitioners. Such members are issued licenses to practice as Science Laboratory Technologists. The licenses are renewed annually with the payment of annual subscriptions.
Visit the Professional Membership Page for details
Click here to begin the Membership Registration Process