As a statutory professional body, there are two categories of membership in the Institute, namely, corporate and non-corporate membership.
Corporate Membership refers to members licensed to practice as professionals. Only two grades of corporate membership now exist according to the NISLT Act 2003, namely Associate and Fellow.
A person shall be registered as
- of the Institute if he/she has completed a course of study in Science Laboratory Technology and holds either B.Sc./B.Tech or HND in Science Laboratory Technology awarded by an accredited Institutions of higher learning.
- Guideline being Modified. Would be released soon
- A person having ND or OND or any other qualification adjudged by Council to be the equivalent of these are registered as ordinary members, while individual who are found qualified by their deeds and support to the Institute are confirmed with Honorary Fellow of the Institute.
Subject to the provisions of the Institute's Act, a person admitted into the membership shall be registered and be entitled to use the appropriate title after names; however, only the corporate members (i.e. the first two categories) are fully licensed as science laboratory practitioners. Such members are issued licenses to practice as Science Laboratory Technologists. The licenses are renewed annually with the payment of annual subscriptions.
- Application for membership is now online.
- Prospective members are required to make payment through one of the online payment channels available on the web portal and then fill the membership form online.
- The person will also be required to scan and upload a recent passport sized photograph, all his/her credentials including SSCE and name and address of three (3) referees with valid email addresses.
- One of the referee must be his HOD and another a Corporate Member of NISLT.
Click here to begin the Membership Registration Process